Skip to main content

Sydney: Walking tour & Sweets!

I still have a few more goodies to share from my trip to Australia! Today I've posted a video to my Youtube Channel (Wilde Child) about my first day in Sydney! It's at the bottom of this post, so don't forget to check it out! Amie and I traveled back to Sydney after a few days at Port Stephens, which was a blast! Now it was time to explore a new city!



On my first full day in Sydney we had breakfast at Petal Met Sugar, which was a cafe and a florist shop. After eating we joined a free walking tour with the I'm Free Walking Tours! The walking tour is a tip based tour and our guide (Indigo) was a history student who really made the tour fun by mixing convict history with iconic tourist spots and the architectural history! She was really fun, energetic, and truly informative! You'd be lucky to get her on a tour!


After our tour we went to Glebe Market. There's a jewelry line that I follow on IG called Haus of Dizzy and, since I was in Sydney I wanted visit the stall in person! Glebe Market has so much to offer. It's a mix of small business goods (clothes, food, jewelry, skin care) and flea market finds! It's a great way to spend a lazy afternoon. We got there late, unfortunately, but we still got to see a lot of what the market had offer in terms of the different vendors:)

After the market, Amie allowed me to drag her around Sydney for a little bit longer! There was a cafe I really wanted to check out called La Floraison💮


They sell these really cool looking flower jellies that I wanted to try. Let's just say that it looks better than it tasted! It was supposed to be coconut flavored, but I didn't taste any coconut flavor. It was kind of tasteless, but it was beautiful! I also got a back up treat! A mermaid cupcake and a latte with a unicorn design on top. I would suggest this cafe, I just wouldn't suggest the flower jellies.



When we were done at La Floraison it was dark and we were tired from trekking all of Sydney! We really had a full day of walking and went back to relax for a bit on Amie's roof top! The views were 360 and amazing! You could see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera house all lit up in the darkness! You can see the awesome view in the video below! Check out our day around the city and, if you've tried the Flower Jellies from La Floraison, let me know what you thought about this dessert!



I'm going to try to get the rest of my Sydney videos up before the end of January, so I can start the year off right! Follow the blog, subscribe to the YouTube Channel, and Follow me on IG (Wildechildyup) to come along on my adventures and get updates on new videos! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Port Stephens: Marine Park & Lighthouse

November and December are always the worst blog months for me because I'm usually doing NANOWRIMO and there are lots of family birthdays and holiday events. And now I've started a second job! Although I'm not writing as much as I want, I do still have a backlog of videos! Don't forget that I do have a Youtube Channel (Click HERE) , a home for all of my trip videos, as well as travel tips and conversations with some of my favorite travel buddies!  Here is the latest video I posted; more footage of my Australian adventure :)  We spent our last day in Port Stephens and Nelson Bay buying postcard and wandering around the Marine Park working our way to the Lighthouse. It was a on-and-off-again cloudy and rainy day, but the views were still worth standing in the chilly air and a little rain. At the top of the incline, where the lighthouse and lighthouse museum is, there's also a little darling cafe! It's called the Inner Light Tea Rooms . (I'm telling you,

Group Travel: How to Start!

Traveling with friends can be a blast. Sometimes, even before you book tickets/hotels, it can also be a pain. The group has to get together, decide on location, dates, duration of trip, where to stay, and more. I believe the more work you put into your trip before travel, the more fun and relaxing the trip will be! Don't forget to check out an earlier post on Which Travel Size Fits You to help determine if group travel is for you! Currently I’m in the midst of planning a group trip with some friends overseas - which adds a bit more difficulty to this group travel planning process. They live in Europe and I’m in Ohio, so it's not like we can all sit down over coffee to hammer out the details in one go. But, thanks to modern technology there's group chat, video messages, and other ways to overcome the time differences. We know where we want to visit; Rome. Now we come to figuring out how long each of us are able to travel.

Off to Australia!

It feels so good to be off on another adventure! I'm visiting my friend, Amie, in Sydney and she's going to show me the locals live in this beautiful city. I've never been to Australia and I'm very excited to make some lasting memories, write new blog posts, and film new videos! Make sure you subscribe to my Youtube Channel , follow the blog, or even connect with me on Instagram ( Wildechildyup ) to keep up on the updates, adventures, and fun times!  Get to know my good friend Amie in this video we did a while ago (before she even left for Australia) about our different traveling styles: