Skip to main content

Group Travel: How to Start!



Traveling with friends can be a blast. Sometimes, even before you book tickets/hotels,
it can also be a pain. The group has to get together, decide on location, dates,
duration of trip, where to stay,and more. I believe the more work you put into your
trip before travel, the more fun and relaxing the trip will be! Don't forget to check
out an earlier post on Which Travel Size Fits You to help determine if group
travel is for you!

Currently I’m in the midst of planning a group trip with some friends overseas
- which adds a bit more difficulty to this group travel planning process.
They live in Europe and I’m in Ohio, so it's not like we can all sit down
over coffee to hammer out the details in one go. But, thanks to modern
technology there's group chat, video messages, and other ways to
overcome the time differences.

We know where we want to visit; Rome.


Now we come to figuring out how long each of us are able to travel. One person
may suggest 10 days, someone else may suggest 5. The ability to compromise
is very important in situations like these. The group will be able to reach an
agreement faster and easier when everyone is willing to be at least a bit flexible.

Another important factor in group travel is honesty. Being up front and truthful
about where you want to go and what you want to see or do will make the
planning process much easier. The earlier the group shares what interests
each of you, the faster you and your friends can include those interests in the
plans!

As my friends and I move forward with our trip plans. I’ll be sure to keep updating
here. Be sure to follow the blog for more of my group travel tips and insights.
If you have any advice of your own, I would love to hear it! Please leave your
advice in the comments below :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off to Australia!

It feels so good to be off on another adventure! I'm visiting my friend, Amie, in Sydney and she's going to show me the locals live in this beautiful city. I've never been to Australia and I'm very excited to make some lasting memories, write new blog posts, and film new videos! Make sure you subscribe to my Youtube Channel , follow the blog, or even connect with me on Instagram ( Wildechildyup ) to keep up on the updates, adventures, and fun times!  Get to know my good friend Amie in this video we did a while ago (before she even left for Australia) about our different traveling styles: 

Port Stephens: Marine Park & Lighthouse

November and December are always the worst blog months for me because I'm usually doing NANOWRIMO and there are lots of family birthdays and holiday events. And now I've started a second job! Although I'm not writing as much as I want, I do still have a backlog of videos! Don't forget that I do have a Youtube Channel (Click HERE) , a home for all of my trip videos, as well as travel tips and conversations with some of my favorite travel buddies!  Here is the latest video I posted; more footage of my Australian adventure :)  We spent our last day in Port Stephens and Nelson Bay buying postcard and wandering around the Marine Park working our way to the Lighthouse. It was a on-and-off-again cloudy and rainy day, but the views were still worth standing in the chilly air and a little rain. At the top of the incline, where the lighthouse and lighthouse museum is, there's also a little darling cafe! It's called the Inner Light Tea Rooms . (I'm telling you,