Skip to main content

Why I Joined a Hotel Reward Program



I've been a member of a hotel rewards program for over an year now, but haven't been really using it until recently. I've stayed in hostels, Airbnbs, and even couchsurfed, yet I still really enjoy hotel rewards programs and all they have to offer.

Now, more than ever, it's easy to accumulate points with any brand. Shopping online and signing up friends can get you to a reward faster. More commonly, points can add up with hotel credit cards, stays with sister hotel brands, airline miles, and car rentals.




Points can be used domestically and internationally at anytime and usually there are no blackout dates. If you want to extend your stay, for example, simply trade in your points for another night! It's easy to use members' points also for spa days, airline miles, products, free nights, activities, and meals.

Brands love faithful patrons and want to treat them well when they visit, so they send special offers to reward members only. Based on the program and the accumulated amount of points, you can get 10-30% off the price of a stay. Marriott allows (Free?) upgrades upon check-in, depending on your level of membership, and use of the concierge lounge. All brands are trying to find new ways to make their loyal members feel valued.

Flights and hotels go hand-in-hand. Why not use one to get the other? Airlines allow you to convert miles into hotel points and free stays. You can turn hotel points into miles if you want, but it's easier and more beneficial to turn miles into points.

Like picking a bank or buying a car, you have to do your research. Figure out what you want from the program based on price ranges, locations, hotel quality, rewards, and sister brands. Once the criteria has been set, you'll be able to find the perfect fit for you. I would love to hear which program you prefer!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kyoto, Japan | Owl Family Cafe

Japan was one hell of a trip. There were some events that were planned ahead of time and the first event was time at the Owl Family Cafe ! I've been beyond excited about this for months now and am very glad that I was able to do this!  At first the cafe was frustrating because we arrived 15 minutes before our scheduled time, as was instructed on my reservation. We arrived at the location stated only to find out that the cafe had MOVED ! It took 30 minutes to find the new location. I was really afraid that we would miss our reservation. Luckily the cafe understood the lateness and we got to play with owls!  The price was very inexpensive, about $15 per person, depending on how much time you purchase. I purchased 1 hour. The price included 1 hour with the owls, one hot or cold beverage, and the workers take photos of you with the owls on your behalf (using your phone or camera).  I loved the Japanese beverage shelves. The top shelf has a thick white ...

NEW WEBSITE!

I'm so excited to share the new website! I've been working on it for a few months now and I'm happy to say that from here on out, all blog posts, tips, stories, and videos will now be located on Wilde Child Travels! Don't forget to check out my Youtube Channel  ( Wilde Child ) to keep up with more fun and adventures - like my recent trip to England and Italy! Thanks so much for sharing this space with me, I hope to see you on the new website 💓

Australia Bound - Dallas Layover 😱

I was racing to make my connection from Dallas to Sydney when I got to a very empty gate. The Qantas representative at the desk smiled and handed me some papers and explained that my flight to Australia has been delayed for 24 HOURS and they were putting us all in a hotel with food vouchers. This was the last thing I wanted to hear! But there was nothing anyone could do but go to the hotel, sleep in a bed, and eat hotel food until we got more information and a departure time.  I appreciate that Qantas put us up for the time we were delayed, but what I did not appreciate was that  there were no notifications or emails ahead of time to inform us that our flight was not going out on the date and time intended. Also, there was no one helping us at the hotel. They did not send representatives to inform us about updates. The only information we received was that the check-in desk would open at 6 pm. All day my fellow Australia-bound voyagers and I stood at the arrival and departu...