Skip to main content

My Favorite Travel Apps!



While planning for my next trip, between Christmas and New Years, I've been utilizing different travel applications. These apps have been extremely useful at keeping all of my information in one place. They are great resources while on the go; it's convenient to keep hotel, flight, transportation info in the palm of your hand - even if you're offline and without reception or wi-fi!

Google Trips

This is one of the most innovative travel applications I've come across, so far. Once the app is downloaded, everything you save for your trip will accumulate one location. Book a hotel or flight with your gmail account and the reservation will appear in the app once it's synced. Search google for events, save them, and they'll be saved in the app as well. 

One of the things I love best about this application is that it breaks down all of the categories of travel and makes planning extremely easy.  Google Trips allows you to download your "Trip" to access the information at any time, even off line. 

If you're traveling to a destination for the first time, Google Trips explains all forms of transportation. 


As a Google app, Google Trips suggests things to do based on the categories in the menu. Tapping the little star allows you to save it to your trip list. 


Not familiar with the local food? Google Trips lets you know what's popular and where to find it. 


Information about hospitals, clinic, shopping, and currency are all in one place. This app is just like a travel book, but free and in the palm of your hand! It's everything you need. The app saves your trips, which is nice to look back on every now and then. 

Expedia App

I like the simplicity of the Expedia App. I can book flights, hotels, car rentals, and events for my trips all in one place. I like to randomly browse different locations to see what Expedia has to offer. The rates are pretty good and, if you already have an Expedia account, you can get more points on the phone app! 


The app saves all of the reservations, flights, hotels bookings and everything else under the "Trip" tab. The "Account" tab keeps track of your points, pending points, offers app support, and suggests other travel application. 


I've mentioned this app before in my post about Travel Safety. This app, issued by the American government, is for traveling U.S. citizens. It's full of information and sends real time alerts and warnings to your phone. I don't use this app a lot, but I like to enable it when I'm abroad because it tells me where the U.S.embassy is and, once enrolled, helps family and friends get in touch with me during an emergency. 

These are my favorite travel apps. Let me know which apps you use while away from home, I would love some suggestions of new apps to try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Port Stephens: Marine Park & Lighthouse

November and December are always the worst blog months for me because I'm usually doing NANOWRIMO and there are lots of family birthdays and holiday events. And now I've started a second job! Although I'm not writing as much as I want, I do still have a backlog of videos! Don't forget that I do have a Youtube Channel (Click HERE) , a home for all of my trip videos, as well as travel tips and conversations with some of my favorite travel buddies!  Here is the latest video I posted; more footage of my Australian adventure :)  We spent our last day in Port Stephens and Nelson Bay buying postcard and wandering around the Marine Park working our way to the Lighthouse. It was a on-and-off-again cloudy and rainy day, but the views were still worth standing in the chilly air and a little rain. At the top of the incline, where the lighthouse and lighthouse museum is, there's also a little darling cafe! It's called the Inner Light Tea Rooms . (I'm telling you,

Group Travel: How to Start!

Traveling with friends can be a blast. Sometimes, even before you book tickets/hotels, it can also be a pain. The group has to get together, decide on location, dates, duration of trip, where to stay, and more. I believe the more work you put into your trip before travel, the more fun and relaxing the trip will be! Don't forget to check out an earlier post on Which Travel Size Fits You to help determine if group travel is for you! Currently I’m in the midst of planning a group trip with some friends overseas - which adds a bit more difficulty to this group travel planning process. They live in Europe and I’m in Ohio, so it's not like we can all sit down over coffee to hammer out the details in one go. But, thanks to modern technology there's group chat, video messages, and other ways to overcome the time differences. We know where we want to visit; Rome. Now we come to figuring out how long each of us are able to travel.

Off to Australia!

It feels so good to be off on another adventure! I'm visiting my friend, Amie, in Sydney and she's going to show me the locals live in this beautiful city. I've never been to Australia and I'm very excited to make some lasting memories, write new blog posts, and film new videos! Make sure you subscribe to my Youtube Channel , follow the blog, or even connect with me on Instagram ( Wildechildyup ) to keep up on the updates, adventures, and fun times!  Get to know my good friend Amie in this video we did a while ago (before she even left for Australia) about our different traveling styles: